Choosing One Of The Voluntary Inpatient Mental Health Treatment Centers
If you have been suffering from depression for a while, it is about time you sought help from any of the voluntary inpatient mental health treatment centers. One thing that makes depression dangerous is that its intensity does not remain the same. It either gets better or gets worse.
So, if you have been suffering from it for some time, chances are good that it is getting worse. The higher its intensity the more difficult it is to treat. Now is the best time to check into one of the voluntary inpatient mental health treatment centers for help.
Gone are the days when participants in rehabs were stigmatized. Now, they are commended for their courage. Even at that, all voluntary inpatient mental health treatment centers handle patients’ information with so much confidentiality. So, only those you tell will know that you are receiving treatment from a center.
Remember, your life is important to yourself, your family and to the society. Do all you can to save it. Depression is not a condition that you can handle by yourself. If you eventually decide to seek help, it is not advisable to choose any center at random. You should consider certain factors because all centers do not offer the same kind of treatment.
Some of the factors to consider have been outlined right below.
It is very likely that you already have a health insurance policy. The first step is to contact your health insurance provider to confirm if your policy covers depression. If it does, then you should look for a center that accepts payment through insurance.
Conversely, if your policy does not cover depression, you don’t have to bother about this. The only advantage is that your bill will be settled by your insurance provider fully or partially. However, you will pay a price for it. In the process of filing a claim, you will give up your privacy since your insurance provider will want to be sure that the treatment is appropriate for you or not.
It is because of the loss of privacy that some people prefer to pay out of their pocket even though their health insurance policy covers the treatment.
Every depression patient has a unique intensity of depression and they have different states of mind. Most importantly, they will respond to treatment differently, so their treatment should be individualized. In other words, you should choose a treatment center that will assess your level of depression before recommending a treatment plan for you not a center that offers a general treatment plan.
The underlying implication of this is that you may need to visit several centers before selecting one. In fact, that is the ideal thing to do. You need to assess the environment, facilities and the treatment plans of several centers before choosing one.
Staff to patient ratio
Various centers have differing staff to patient ratios. It is better you consider a treatment center with a very small number of patients attached to each of their staff. That way, you will receive adequate attention.
On the other hand, you should also bear in mind that low staff to patient ratio comes with more charges. The smaller the number of patients attached to a staff is, the higher the charges.
In conclusion, while all the factors outlined above will contribute to 20 percent of your recovery, the remaining 80 percent rests on your willingness and cooperation.