TRANSITIONAL HOUSING FOR MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTION
EXTENDED CARE OPTIONS IN AGOURA HILLS NEAR LOS ANGELES
Transitional housing serves as a bridge between the completion of a residential mental health treatment program and returning back home. Each patient is unique, with individualized needs and their own recovery journey trajectory. While some patients may complete the residential treatment program and immediately return to their home community, others may benefit from remaining on campus in local transitional living. This option allows the patient to continue receiving guidance and support outside of their outpatient treatment hours.
About Transitional Housing
Transitional housing is an excellent option following discharge from the residential program. Most patients will step down to outpatient programming at this juncture and have an option to remain on campus in transitional living while engaging in outpatient treatment.
The benefits to transitional housing include:
- Convenience for getting to and from outpatient sessions
- Having a source of support outside of treatment hours
- Allows time to establish new healthy routines before returning home
- Provides social interaction and support
- Encourages accountability and responsibility to self and housemates
- Is a drug and alcohol-free household
- Medications will be managed by the house manager
- Transportation is provided to medical or psychiatric appointments
- Offers time to adjust to new medications
- Offers life skills training
- 24-hour crisis support
Creating Accountability for Long Term Recovery
Patients who elect to stay in transitional housing are expected to abide by the house rules and to participate in household chores and responsibilities. Transitional living offers patients an excellent stepping-stone back to “real life.” This type of living arrangement allows you to stabilize further while also enjoying more freedom than in residential treatment, but returning home only when you are ready.
Transitional Living programs Offered at Elevation Behavioral Health
Contact Elevation Behavioral Health admissions team.